Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- Do not eat or drink anything (including water) past midnight, prior to the surgery date.
- The day before your scheduled surgery, keep meals light.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry (including piercings), and dentures must be removed.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take a premedication, take it with just enough water to swallow the pills.